Promoting your business on your vehicle has proven to be an effective form of advertising. If you’re on the road, your car or truck can become a moving billboard!
But how much is enough?
There are lots of options for adding a marketing message to your vehicle. From simple rooftop signs to door magnets, to window perf (see through from the inside, not from the outside), to vinyl graphics and full wraps – the key is making it stand out from the crowd, and being memorable.
According to a recent panel of experts at the 2015 Signworld Convention, in order for vehicle advertising to be effective, a business should spend at least $1,000-$1,500. Anything less is branding, which is good, but not differentiating.For this amount of money you could have a custom designed partial wrap. That could include a combination of hood, side and back window or trunk graphics, depending on the type of vehicle. The complexity of the design may add to the cost too, so consider asking for design options and how each will affect the price. And be prepared to pay between $300-$600 for designs.
Here are some ways to save money:
- Put graphics in the middle of the car and avoid seams, mirrors and bumpers which will save on installation time.
- Don’t do the roof unless absolutely necessary – it rarely gets seen.
- Use the right materials – shortcuts will cost you in the long run. Your sign expert should quote the project based on how long you plan to have the graphics, the conditions the vehicle will be exposed to, etc.
- Even though we have templates for every make and model of car, you never know what nuance might cause a big issue on installation day (and more time/money). Let the designer check out the actual vehicle before the final design is approved.
In a recent survey, 92% of respondents claim to actually read the copy on fleet graphics, and 30% make buying decisions based on them. Businesses that seem to benefit the most are service industries such as:
- Heating & Cooling
- Roofing & Gutters
- Auto Body
- Commercial cleaning
- Computer Equipment & Repair
- Pool Cleaning
If your business isn’t listed here, don’t rule it out. You might be a trailblazer for your industry. The element of surprise is always more memorable. Bold colors and clever design will definitely turn heads. Large, readable type – especially your phone number – will help customers take the next step. Go for it!