Your business name, logo and colors are only part of the brand story. To really communicate what your company is all about, you’ll need to consider the overall look and materials of your signs.
If you’re going for an ‘earthy’ or ‘outdoorsy’ look, you’re probably thinking about a carved wooden sign with lots of natural textures and dimensions. Wood can also communicate the history and longevity of a company. It can even be used to symbolize values such as integrity, stability, authenticity, etc.
If you’re more of a modernistic, high-tech, trendy company, you may be considering metals or plastics to represent your brands personally. Or you could use a combination of “old and new” materials to show your versatility, flexibility and creativity.
Due to technology advantages, our new sign carving (router) equipment is able to provide more cut forces and tooling to handle a larger range of materials. In addition to cedar, oak and other soft and hard woods, we can cut the following substrates:
- Hard and soft plastic (acrylic/PVC)
- High-pressure laminate
- HDU (High-density urethane)
Carved, dimensional signs have been popular for hundreds of years, but new materials, like HDU, allow you to have that classic look without the maintenance. These are far less likely to rot, peel, warp, bow or crack like wood, but can be routed or sandblasted for the same effect. And they can be custom painted to match your brand’s color palette exactly.
We can also provide a range of different types of cuts that will give each sign a unique and specialized look:
- Profile cut – independent dimensional letters
- Pocket cut – cutting a flat shape into a substrate
- V-carve – cut out a V channel or add a bevel to a profile cut
- Texturing – creates a background texture
- Carving a 3D object into a substrate
To achieve detailed design effects, we use a variety of drill bits:
- End Mills – used in profile cuts
- Ball Nose – Tapered and great at doing 3D and detail work
- V Bits – for carving V channels and beveled edges
- Engraving – used for making shallow engravings into a substrate
- Drill Bits – used for drilling holes for studs
KORT Sign Design specializes in custom, dimensional signs based on your brand look and feel, as well as your budget. We do all the work in-house to save time and money while creating beautiful one-of-a-kind products. We’re happy to use your own design specifications, or to provide a range of creative design and material options for you to choose from. Give us a call for more information or to set up an appointment to see samples and get your sign project started! 763-432-7630